We are pleased to announce the forthcoming start up of the Annals of Silvicultural Research (ASR) http://ojs-cra.cilea.it/index.php/asr/index
ASR is the follow up and on-line conversion of the journal ANNALI , featured in hard-copy and under different names since 1932 by the current Forestry Research Centre of the Consiglio per la Ricerca e la sperimentazione in Agricoltura (CRA-SEL).
ASR is a peer-reviewed journal featuring original scientific articles, reviews and notes on all aspects of silviculture. Related subject-matters include forest dynamics, forest ecology, dendro-ecology, agro-forestry, forest growth, forest monitoring, conservation of biodiversity and genetic resources, protection of forest ecosystems, maintenance of their multifunctional role and of the provision of goods and services.
The journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The topics of ASR are the theory and the practice of silvicultural systems, and related forestry issues. Distinctively, the journal deals with research experiences concerning:
– theoretical development and check in the practice of innovative criteria and methods of cultivation of natural forest stands and forest plantations,
– conservation of forest biodiversity and environmental protection related to silvicultural systems,
– bio-ecological functioning and monitoring of forest ecosystems under-cultivation and in the post-cultivation phase,
– forest genetic resources related to silvicultural systems,
– forest management, inventory and geomatics to support silvicultural system application,
– forest tree farming and integrated agro-forestry systems,
– silvicultural prevention from forest fires and post-fire management.
Manuscripts are accepted both in English and in Italian